Friday, February 20, 2015

Cheesy Pork in Creamy Tomato Sauce

I am a home cook and not exactly a pro in the kitchen.  But, when it comes to cooking for my family and close friends - I cook with all my heart. I.just.love.to.cook.



This recipe I concocted is a twist from the Pinoy Menudo.  We love Menudo so much but for this recipe, I created it with some more Pinoy Spaghetti with creamy, cheesy sauce that my kids love!

You can use tomato sauce for this (or even a can of stewed tomatoes - yummy!), but I am very cautious on the sodium content of food eversince my husband had hypertension.

So, I opted to the less sodium but a bit more sour tomato paste. If you find it a bit more sour for your taste, you can balance it out with a tbsp. of brown sugar or choose tomato sauce or a can of stewed tomatoes.

I hope you'll enjoy this recipe as much as I and my kiddos did.  Btw, please don't forget to view my Instagram video about this here: https://instagram.com/p/zQ-lo7TJvF/ and, please like it, if you did. :)


------

Cheesy Pork in Creamy Tomato Sauce

1/2 kilo Pork menudo cut
3 pcs Purefoods hotdog, sliced
120 ml tomato paste
1 whole Onion, minced
5 cloves of Garlic, chopped
1 big potato, cubed
1 carrot, cubed
1 whole bell pepper, cut into squares
3 tbsp. Magnolia Gold Butter
120 ml Magnolia Cream
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1/2 cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
Magnolia Quick Melt Cheese, grated

Saute onions and garlic in butter.
Add pork. Cook well. Add water. Add bell pepper, Potatoes and Carrots, season with salt and pepper. Cook till veggies are soft and tender. Add hotdogs. Add tomato paste, add cream, add soy sauce. Cook till done. Simmer. Serve hot on brown rice with grated cheese on top. Yum!
#MerryMyGreatFoodin15Seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment