Friday, June 17, 2011

Starting Tot School!

So the twins' are now starting to run and climb chairs/tables.  They also love music, action songs, read-alouds and a whole lot of writing.

This got me thinking that it is now the perfect time to add some learning-as-you-play-for-them, so I am now officially starting our Tot School!

It is not a usual structured real school.  It is simply playing and just incorporating a whole lot of play and a little structure on their usual play time.  We have been doing this anyway like... sorting out pasta/black beans, lots of action dance, phonics rhythm, finger painting, tissue roll letters and so much more.  Now, I am planning out our curriculum (activities that should last not more than 5 minutes per activity! Whew... more patience for me).

So, I am off to buy/collect some stuff like pom poms, pipe cleaners, bottle caps or just anything that is interesting for a 1 -2 year old.

2 comments:

  1. Hi sis! I'm doing Tot School too, I guess. My kid is 3yo - is that Preschool na? Anyways, since I got stuck (road in front of our house was re-blocked for almost 3 months) at home when I started doing this, I was forced to collect whatever is available at home. Hands-off food pa because the husband does not like us to play with food. So goodbye pasta. We used whatever we have available. Cups from gellatin, softdrink caps, wires from old telephone wires, boxes from vitamins, etc. My frustration is that some of the materials I see online are not available locally. I wanted the pens they use for dot painting but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sis, 3 years old is Perschool - perfect for tot school pa din. :) It's really dun isn't it? The best part, is you get to witness your child's first. I did that with my eldest (now 6). He learned how to read from me, even though he went to school. I knew why he is having a hard time reading which I was able to help find out through our homeschool.

    I bought my dot markers sa Bingo-han in SM. haha! Pero, I plan to ask someone to buy one from the US kasi yung sa Bingo, hindi washable.

    When I do find one, I'll let you know. :)

    Blessing to you and your family, and your tot school adventures!

    ReplyDelete